MINUTES OF THE
NEW UNDERWOOD CITY COUNCIL
A regular meeting of the New Underwood City Council was held on October 20, 2004, at 6:00 p.m. Present were: Mayor Benita White, Councilmembers: Jackie Dahlquist, Michael Green, Tyler Richter, and LeeAnn Schumacher. Also present: The Fin. Officer Meri Jo Anderson, Dir. of Public Works Greg Hall, Asst. Finance Officer Teresa Gossard, Officer Wardle, Al Ackerman.
Moved by Schumacher second by Green to approve the amended agenda. Aye: all. Motion carried.
Motion by Schumacher second by Green to approve the October 6, 2004 minutes. Aye: all. Motion carried. The July, Aug., and Sept. ambulance minutes were presented and accepted.
The Finance Officer presented the governmental funds statements.
Flushing hydrants on Thursday October 28, 2004. Consumers should be aware that the water may be rusty for three to four days following the flushing.
The City thanks Cub Scout Pack 29 for painting the walk bridges in town. They did a great job.
A new pump for the lift station has been ordered and should be here by Monday. The price is approximately $2,300.00 and is a three-inch pump.
Officer Wardle reported that there have been reports of stolen gas. Someone is siphoning gasoline out of vehicles. The public is being warned to keep on the look out for this crime.
He will be on duty for Halloween.
DISASTER MITIGATION PLAN
The Mayor reported that identified needs are sirens, radios, and an additional critical communications facility.
Mary Masten will issue a press release stating we will not be taking anymore tires at New Underwood – they must now go to the Rapid City landfill as of today.
The Mayor recommended appointing the following drivers for the ambulance department: Dave Jeffries, John Torrey, Tyler Richter, Galen Niederwerder, and Jeremy Dueter. Moved by Schumacher second by Green to appoint these drivers, as recommended by the Mayor. Aye: all. Motion carried.
COMMUNITY CENTER USE
Whitney Gilbert, representing the NU Drama Club, requested using the Community Center for the School Play on Nov. 11 & 12. They will need the Community Center all that week for play practice. Motion by Dahlquist second by Richter to grant this request and charging a one-day fee. Aye: all. Motion carried.
O4-38; Mike Olic; 502 S. Bailey; extension on 03-49 house & garage.
Motion by Schumacher second by Dahlquist to approve this extension. Aye: all. Motion carried.
OTHER ITEMS DISCUSSED THROUGHOUT MEETING
- The Mayor, Councilman Dahlquist, and the Finance Officer reported on the Municipal League Convention in Rapid City Oct. 7-8.
- The benches from Brenda Johnson in memory of Katy Johnson have arrived. The Mayor and Council thanked her for the donation.
- The Haunted House will be at the Community Center this weekend.
- The Dir. of Public Works should be released for work starting Monday.
- Having a fund-raiser to purchase a portable stage for the Community Center.
- The Mayor is still checking on the courtesy building permits within a three-mile radius.
- The Mayor spoke with the dog owner on "D" Ave., whose dog was getting in the garbage. This is being taken care of.
Being no further business the Mayor adjourned the meeting at 6:46 p.m.
(Seal) Meri Jo Anderson, Finance Officer