MINUTES OF THE
NEW UNDERWOOD CITY COUNCIL
A regular meeting of the New Underwood City Council was held at 6:05 p.m. in the Community Center on June 17, 2009. Present were: Mayor Benita R. White, Councilmember’s: Jackie Dahlquist, Michael Green, John Torrey, and Jack Trullinger. Also present: Finance Officer Meri Jo Anderson, Dir. Public Works Greg Hall, Cris Allen, Rox & Tim Dix, Tom Watson, Joel Whipple, and Dawn Wood.
Moved by Green second by Dahlquist to approve the agenda. Aye: all. Motion
Moved by Torrey second by Dahlquist to approve the June 8, 2009 minutes as presented. Aye: all. Motion carried.
EAST SECONDARY CHANNEL
The Mayor and Dir. of Public Works looked at the drainage problems after the rain on Sunday night. They reported that the water in the east secondary channel was staying within its banks and flowing nicely. Councilman Torrey disagreed with them and said the water went over one property owners fence. The Mayor and Councilman Torrey continued to discuss the drainage in this channel.
SP#09-04; Rox Dix; June 27, 2009
Moved by Green second by Dahlquist to approve this permit. Aye: all. Motion carried.
Motion by Trullinger second by Green to purchase the walk behind asphalt cutter for $1,450.00. Aye: Dahlquist, Green, and Trullinger. Nay: Torrey. Motion carried. Councilman Torrey felt the combination cutter was a better idea.
A lengthy discussion on graveling the alleys followed. Price per alley for 3 inch rock base will be obtained for the next meeting.
Tom Watson, Joel Whipple, and Dawn Wood attended the meeting to discuss the proposed special assessment for upgrading the street. The Mayor explained the price per lineal foot based on three year or five year pay back. Dawn Wood explained that she had spoken to an attorney and
BP#09-15; Kerry Bowman; 06046 Hwy 1416; shed
Moved by Trullinger second by Torrey to approve this permit. Aye: all. Motion carried.
OTHER ITEMS DISCUSSED:
1. Elected Officials Workshop will be July 10, 2009 in
2. The Fire Chief contacted the Mayor and explained they are putting off the ISO Protection class rating until they can purchase a different pumper.
3. The Mayor, Finance Officer, & Dir. of Public Works will attend the Board of Water & Natural Resources meeting in
4. Public Works is mowing, repairing meters, responding to lagoon alarm, delivering radium violation letters.
5. A description of the central business district will be prepared for the next meeting.
6. Cris Allen reported the pool was inspected today by DENR and everything looks good. A written report will be sent to the City.
Being no further business the Mayor adjourned the meeting at 7:05 p.m.
(Seal) Meri Jo Anderson, Finance Officer