MINUTES OF THE NEW UNDERWOOD CITY COUNCIL
A regular meeting of the New Underwood City Council was held on June 13, 2005 at 6:00 p.m. Present was Mayor Benita White, Councilmembers: Jackie Dahlquist. Michael Green, Tyler Richter and LeeAnn Schumacher. Also present: The Fin. Officer Meri Jo Anderson, Dir. Public Works Greg Hall, Asst. Finance Officer Teresa Gossard, Officer Wardle, Lt. Evenson, and Randy Madsen.
Moved by Dahlquist second by Richter to approve the amended agenda. Aye: all. Motion carried.
Motion by Schumacher second by Richter to approve the May 18, 2005 minutes. Aye: all. Motion carried.
Officer Wardle presented his written monthly report.
Randy Madsen spoke to the Council about their approval, at the last meeting, of open container during the reunion. After much discussion it was moved by Green second by Richter to allow open container in the central business district July 2nd and parking downtown. Aye: all. Motion carried.
MALT BEVERAGE LICENSE
Steve’s General Store; 510 E. Box Elder; Lots 1 & 2 AR Vieths Subdivision SE ¼ SE 1/4 T2NR11E BHM; retail on-off sale Malt Beverage. Law Enforcement spoke to the Council about restricting this license to a designated area instead of the whole lot. After a lengthy discussion on restrictions, liability, responsibility, and laws, it was moved by Richter second by Dahlquist to approve this malt beverage license on the entire lot, as it has always been done, for the 2005-2006 licensing period. Aye: all. Motion carried.
The letter was sent to the property owner on “B” Ave. to abate a nuisance. The property owner has secured the property, by boarding up egresses and he has mowed the lawn.
OTHER ITEMS DISCUSSED THROUGHOUT MEETING
- The Finance Officer presented the governmental funds reports.
- Address change letters still need to go out.
- Mr. Trullinger is back to work.
- The fencing for the park has been purchased.
- BRAC will meet on Tuesday June 21st from 1-3 – Everyone is invited to attend
- Torrey requests on water repair tabled.
- City Hall renovation tabled.
- The City Engineer has been contacted on the drainage on the west end of Box Elder St. and will take a look at it soon.
- The finance staff will be gone to school in Pierre June 15, 16, & 17.
Being no further business the Mayor adjourned the meeting at 7:05 p.m.
(Seal) Meri Jo Anderson, Finance Officer