MINUTES OF THE
NEW UNDERWOOD CITY COUNCIL
A regular meeting of the New Underwood City Council was held at 6:00 p.m. in the Community Center on June 18, 2014. Present were: Mayor Jack Trullinger, Council member’s: Rikka Buchtel, Larry Graham, Laurie Holloway, and Kathy Trullinger. Also present: Finance Officer Meri Jo Anderson, Dir. of Public Works John Bale, and Dianne Trullinger. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Trullinger.
Motion by Buchtel second by L. Holloway to approve the agenda. Aye: all. Motion carried.
Moved by K. Trullinger second by Graham to approve the June 4, 2014 minutes as presented. Aye: all. Motion carried.
Distributor is still being repaired.
Mow tractors are being patched together, but a new one or two will be put in 2015 budget for consideration.
Some of the concrete slabs at the dump may be removed by someone with interest.
Alleys will be worked on using the priority list.
SAMI JO POOL
The Mayor reported the pool is filled and the staff is trying to get the chemicals adjusted. Concerns were expressed about defining the chains of command and volunteerism. The Mayor is in the process of handling this situation.
BP#14-14; William Wall; 102 N. “B” Ave; garage
After much discussion on set backs it was moved by Buchtel second by Holloway to approve this permit as long as all set backs are met. Aye: all. Motion carried.
BP#14-17; Carl Olson; 200 S. “C” Ave; addition & deck
Motion by Graham second by K. Trullinger to approve this permit. Aye: all. Motion carried.
Other items discussed:
1. The finance officer presented the monthly governmental funds sheets.
2. Councilors Buchtel, K. Trullinger, Holloway, and Graham will attend the elected officials workshop in Pierre on July 23, 2014.
3. The Mayor, Councilor Graham, and the finance officer will attend the policy meetings in August that they have been appointed to.
4. Citizens need to ID people who are driving in the alleys after ten p.m. and when they are wet.
5. The Sheriff’s Dept. is investigating the dog bite complaint.
6. The Mayor sent a request to a landowner to mow their lawn.
7. Park Update
8. The Community Center Committee had 18 for weekly roller skating.
Being no further business Mayor Trullinger adjourned the meeting at 6:55 p.m.
(Seal) Meri Jo Anderson, Finance Officer