MINUTES OF THE
NEW UNDERWOOD CITY COUNCIL
A regular meeting of the New Underwood City Council was held at 6:00 p.m. in the Community Center on October 19, 2011. Present were: Mayor Jack Trullinger, Council member’s: Rikka Buchtel, Laurie Holloway, and Joe Whitney. Absent: John Torrey. Also present: Finance Officer Meri Jo Anderson, Dir. Of Public Works John Bale, Cris Allen, Dianne Trullinger, Del Beck, Scott Parsons, and Jim & Kathy Harbert. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Trullinger.
Moved by Whitney second by Buchtel to approve the amended agenda. Aye: all. Motion carried.
Motion by Holloway second by Buchtel to approve the October 12, 2011 minutes as presented. Aye: all. Motion carried.
CONCRETE AT COMMUNITY CENTER
Replacing the concrete in front of the community center has been put off until the end of October or later. Council expressed concerns about the liability issue of continuing to put this off. Motion by Buchtel second by Holloway to get additional quotes from other companies. Aye: all. Motion carried.
Macaela Parmely requested the Council consider tabling the decision on removing the ban on pit bulls and wolf hybrids in the city limits from the current city ordinance, since she could not attend tonight. Mayor Trullinger and Council President Buchtel had thoroughly researched the pros and cons and explained what each had discovered. Some of the citizens in attendance expressed their wish to keep this ban in effect. Mayor Trullinger informed the Council that the City Attorney felt the ban should be left on the books due to the liability problem it could create. Moved by Buchtel second by Whitney to keep the ordinance as is with the ban continuing on wolf hybrids and pit bulls. Roll call vote. Aye: Buchtel, Holloway, & Whitney. Nay: none. Motion carried.
Mayor Trullinger is continuing to work on the small easement needed from Richter or Gimpel.
Richter Bobcat gave a quote to trench the Matz water main in. Motion by Buchtel second by Holloway to accept the lowest quote and best time frame. Aye: all. Motion carried.
Other items discussed:
1. The Finance Officer presented the governmental funds sheets.
2. Public Works have been replacing old meters, put plow on autocar, pipe delivered for Matz waterline.
3. Correspondence sent (mobile home skirting needs put on; mobile home park owner on junk cars and missing siding, skirting).
4. Council agreed that the public hearings for liquor license renewals were not necessary, citizens can still speak at the meeting for consideration of these renewals.
5. Letter received from Pennington County to proceed with water line.
6. Pastor Jim thanked the Council for their efforts on getting the signage changed on the corner of 1416 & 161st Street.
Being no further business Mayor Trullinger adjourned the meeting at 6:35 p.m.
(Seal) Meri Jo Anderson, Finance Officer